Wednesday, February 15, 2012

...respect a family in mourning (RIP Whitney Houston)


 © 2012. Erin’s Echo. All rights reserved.
 ___________________________________

Have you ever lost a loved one? Was it difficult to come to terms that you would not see this person at family functions again? To talk with him/her on the phone again? Introduce them to your children? Does it hurt? Do you miss them? 

Just because a person doesn’t live the life we live or want them to live does not make their life less valid. Everyone knows someone, a family member even if not self, who drinks or uses drugs…that does not make them unworthy of love, caring, and protection. We live in a time when the world is cruel and heartless.  Why this blog, Erin?

Before Whitney’s death, my family and I were discussing the birth control situation that President Obama was speaking of making available to all. I will blog on that in the near future; therefore, I won't elaborate on it at this time. I was telling my daughter about Whitney Houston's song written by Babyface and LA…it is called “Miracle”. I was telling her that people may think it is about a love lost or love gone wrong, but it is about abortion. Then I went into how in Bible Study we talked about the Bible and how God had the writers write their faults…their sins to show that He is a forgiving God and He draws to us when we draw to Him. He leaves us not, we leave Him. Still, He loves and cares for ALL of us…He is GOD!

The world has lost a musical legend…her loved ones has lost a wife, daughter, mother, cousin, and friend! 

As I tried to explain to my children the depths of ignorance, I had to break it down in “teenage” speak, yet, still I ask, "how do you break down ignorance to an ignorant person" (I do NOT mean my daughters here at all)? First, they need to listen; secondly comprehend and understand. Most ignorant people are notoriously ignorant…some are just everyday sinners called “gossipers”. 

Economics teach us about producers, consumers, goods, & services...when we go out to dine, be entertained, or just buy music...we buy a good for a service...someone produced it we are the consumers.

Whitney's funeral is private...thank you Cissy Houston and thank you God! We, as her fans and the people who poked fun at her life are not entitled to her farewell. We don’t deserve it. That is family time…personal time…time for those who unconditionally loved her to celebrate her life. They couldn’t care less about her legacy! 

People need to put self in other shoes...I asked my childs..."Think, if it was me would you want folks blaming your daddy? We had 18 years together...shared a love that’s irreplaceable...good and bad...he doesn’t wish death upon me nor I him!! Bobby lovesssss Whitney like no other! Would you want people talking about Erin cursed badly...she took lots of meds?...you know I'm sick and you know what others don't about my illness so they will speculate but that doesn't make it RIGHT! People talk! Would you prefer that people allow you time to mourn...time to grieve...time to celebrate a life they didn't know or continue to damn me and my image upon my death? Would you not prefer they respect the fact that I am a person loved by my family…my mother, my daughters, and they, the people, respect not only death, but the ones left behind to deal with the shock that their loved one’s existence in this life is no more?” 

All we know...WE know is her music...we don't know Whitney...we are NOT grieving her!!! We didn't think about her upon her death...all society cared about was how she died...what happened? If it was not murder, that doesn't matter because the end conclusion remains the same....regardless if it was a tragic accident, an overdose, an illness, natural causes…Whitney Houston...International Icon is dead...her music lives on to her fans...WHITNEY HOUSTON...once wife to Bobby Brown, mother to Bobbi Kristina, stepmother, daughter to Cissy Houston, cousin to Dionne Warwick and many others, and friend upon friends to many is dead...her memories live on but that doesn’t make it easier for her family! 

Whitney Houston 1963-2012
Stop repeating what ignorant people say...it doesn't make you sound intelligent...just more ignorant...so when in doubt....shhhhhhhhhhhh…and give others the respect they rightfully deserve in a time of mourning and ALWAYS!

From my family, we offer sincere condolences to the family and friends of Ms. Whitney Houston! Humbled and heartfelt prayers are with Cissy, Bobbi Kris, and Bobby as this difficult time to deal with is just beginning! 

 Sleep, Whitney, you are now at rest, you hear not what the people say. You are unconscious to bad things and evil words, but you are embraced in love.




 
CONNECT WITH ERIN:
Follow @ErinsEcho
Tweet
https://www.facebook.com/erinsecho

3 comments:

  1. Well spoken Erin! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need to say anything, except..thank you for writing this! We are in agreement! Blessings to you Dee! e:)♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for reading! I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete