Monday, September 12, 2011

...blessings or temptations

from the Dedee Diaries © 2010. Erin Adams-Phillips. All rights reserved.

Foreword: The Dedee Diaries entries were written at a time when I was feeling whatever I wrote. I have not edited these entries. My hope is that someone gains understanding of how to deal with sarcoid or any other illness.
 
Day 9…not my God

30 November 2010…blessings or temptations

It hurts me to know that some people are not equipped with the intelligence God gave them to know good from bad.  What you think is good is not always good. You have to know how to decipher these “good things” and see who is really behind them.  “It’s not that easy,” some say. Well, humans are the only creatures God made in His image…we can see colors and enjoy them, we can eat food and taste it, we can smell the scent of the ocean, fresh rain, flowers in bloom…aw, just like God! In His image, He created man. You remember your parents or grandparents yelling, “You ain’t got the sense God gave you”? ~chuckle~…I honestly believe that some parents knocked the sense out of their children, and for that reason, they can’t distinguish a blessing from a temptation.

You receive a GREAT job making  "X"  amount more dollars an hour than before. Your previous job, you worked 40 hours a week…had a very comfortable living…time for God. Your new job has you working 65 hours a week. Now, you no longer have time for God. You can’t do worship, bible study, etc…do you really think God blessed you with a job that removes you from Him?

You have been looking for that SOUL mate…finally, you find him/her. You thank God you waited and did not settle. However, you share two different sets of religious beliefs. You are a firm believer in “marry in the Lord”. You are aware that marriage is hard when it’s a 3-stranded cord, but because you have that unity with God as head, it’s easier. You are married and unhappy now. You no longer have faith in Him and you begin to question Him, instead of yourself. Do you think God would send you that “soul mate" that’s going to cause adversity in the home, removing you from Him?

You just bought a new home. Nothing was wrong with the old one. It was very comfortable, but God blessed you with this home, so be it. Now you can barely get out of bed because you are so depressed about the bills. You are living paycheck to paycheck…bump that, you are one paycheck from foreclosure and homelessness. Do you think God would take you from a comfortable home…comfortable physically, mentally, emotionally, but most importantly, spiritually to see you in debt and depressed and move you away from Him?

People, I thank each of you for your prayers…your thoughts during this illness. I lie not, it’s difficult…I’m only human…but God did not do this to ME! He is the reason I am still sane and accepting the fact that my needing help from my husband and kids is not a weakness nor does it make me less of a woman, but instead shows I am stronger than I ever imagined.

If I die from this illness, it’s not my time (in the presence that God said, “let’s get Dee”)…we are all born into sin…the wage of sin is DEATH…but the God I know, created man from dust and blew into his nostrils the breathe of life. He then created a helper for him and told them to go fulfill the Earth and subdue it!  The God I know loves LIFE…He created all living things…He gave his only BEGOTTEN son so a sinner like me could have everlasting life if I take in knowledge of Him and accept His truths.

My God does not make people sick! He doesn’t make people suffer! He is not the reason for the evil and the inconsistencies in this world…my God, the one who created man and all living things, the one who gave His only BEGOTTEN son for a sinner like me…warned me, to be aware…(Revelation 12:12 paraphrased…I don’t have my bible to quote it exact), “Woe to you  Earth and sea for the devil has been hurled down to you…causing GREAT anger…knowing he has only a short period of time left!”  God does not RULE this world… “…the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” 1 John 5:19(not sure if this is the correct scripture…I know it is John, but I’m thinking 1 John 5:19 ~feel free to correct me~).

Is your God evil?  My God is not evil…My God is GENTLE…forgiving…understanding…He does not lie…He is not partial...He makes it rain upon the righteous and the unrighteous……He feeds the birds…looks after orphans and widows…He makes the wind blow…He gave me a rainbow! My God is a God of justice....a God of LOVE!

God is GENTLE...JUST...& LOVE!
Because of Him, I’m able to battle my illness, resist temptation, and still manage to be a wife and a mother. He did not poison my body with germs…He keeps me humble…and everyday, I become like a child and humble myself before Him and pray for others...for their protection...their strength...their guidance...their comfort...their endurance...their forgiveness...I pray for me...for the strength to forgive...remain humble...be long-suffering, mild & meek...He answers me...my GOD answers me because He loves me unconditionally...and He knows my heart!

Don’t mistake a temptation for a blessing.

I leave end this with one my favorite scriptures, Luke 12:4… "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more."









No comments:

Post a Comment