Saturday, July 16, 2011

...for my daughters: Kennedi & Kerrigan

WHEN I LOOK AT YOU

Erin Adams-Phillips ©2010. All rights reserved.

When I look at you, I instantly smile
For you bring me joy
You are my everyday laughter
Even my anger couldn't be happier!
When I look at you peacefully sleeping
I close my eyes and thank my God
Ask Him to help me be a good Mother, a good guide
To lead you in this troubled world!
I know my teachings are often raw
My love, sometimes its tough
But each and every ounce I give to you
Comes directly from my heart!
I know it seems I'm being hard
And oftentimes out of "date"
But you are not clay, I can't physically shape and mold you
I can only educate you on "today!"
When I look at you I see innocence, I see beauty
I want to protect you and take away your fears!
When I look at you and cry, they are astonished tears
I am MommyBear!
Be cautious, be aware
Be stingy with your trust
Be a leader, but know when and who to follow
Never, ever settle for just
Don't be anxious for tomorrow!
Survival of the fittest
Survival of others,
Survival of soul, body, and mind
Peer pressure has grown
Times have changed
This world is not very kind!
When I look at you, I intend to scare you NOT
My intent is to embrace and to teach
To shower you with unconditional love
Clothe you with self-worth, self-confidence, self-love!
And knowledge of your Father above
~ASL "heavenly father"~
So, when I look at you and you see me smile,
I'm thinking "how blessed am I?
To have been chosen to parent and guide you in life,
My fantastic, little women"!

No comments:

Post a Comment