Sunday, July 10, 2011

...let it PAIN on me

 ~tears fall as I look at me in the mirror...stained glass image reflection of self~

Thought I was immune to hurt
Please, God, just numb me!
I don’t want to feel this pain
Again it’s throbbing inside of me!
My headache is matching my heartbeat
A hole is left where he should be
But countless time he’s shown me I’m not his Queen
Well, I dethrone myself from your kingdom
Your laws are unjust and promises are false
I cannot fight your war anymore
My warrior days are over!
I have to fight for me!
I’ve cried so much; my eyes are blurry
But I see clearly…I feel strongly
I was taken for granted and I wasn’t appreciated
My truth was turned lies
Needles were stuck in my eyes
Don’t numb me, God
Let me feel this pain…this hurt
Make it worse this time far greater than last
I’ve bought so many lessons, I’m bankrupt on love
Baptizing myself in reality
I want to see the Black Dove
Take flight
Signifying the dawn of a brand new me
Don’t numb me, God
Let it pain on me!
My appetite is gone
My heart is broken
My head is crowded
But my judgment is solid!
I will cry away my sorrow
Grieve a life that never really was
Then I will take flight and accept the reality that
I can’t change anyone but ME
And I will embrace it
I will tango
Save the last dance for me!
Painfully Beautiful

a poem from Poet's Paradise by Erin's Echo
2010 © Erin Adams-Phillips. All rights reserved.

Musical Inspiration for today Tina Turner...I don't care who's wrong or right; I don't really wanna fight no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment