Saturday, July 9, 2011

...the looking glass

He/she sits and talks and talks to you about every Sue, Sally, and Samantha known to mankind. They want you to believe that one, single person is the enemy…dividing relationships between yourself and the people you love most. In fact, that person is the Devil’s spawn…it is not possible for him/her to be human...a child of God. They are bathed in jealousy and clothed in envy. Grey and green. They have always been partial and bias against you…they have no morals…no values.
This person, the Gossiper, has to be your everything…the “go to” person…the Savior or Saviorette! The News Anchor...delivering the good news as well as the bad. Concocting stories about the immoral seed. They belittle said person...even their family, whom they do NOT even know for self, as the despicable, modern-day harlot who rides the beast of evil.
People, take off your rose-colored glasses. He/she that sits and talks to you about every Sue, Sally, and Samantha known to mankind is also talking about you to Sue, Sally, Samantha, Dawn, Drake, and Devin. My advice to you “ASK” don’t “ASSUME”.
Charles H. Cooley, founder and father of the Looking Glass Self social psychological theory, believes that perception of self is dependent on others.
Well, I am no looking glass! I do not shape myself by what others perceive nor think of me. People do not define my WHO. I define my WHO and I am my only limitation and I know who I am.
Perform a self-evaluation and re-evaluate the people in your circle!
If I say it or write it once…I can say it and write it again, again, again……..~Erin’s Echo~

No comments:

Post a Comment